Oman Road Trip

July 20, 2017 Jeph Polancos 0 Comments

Having a break, taking a scenic route, discovering the beauty of a known place.


Forty-nine degrees Celsius in the middle of 2016. Around this time last year, we took a road trip in my short return to second motherland.

Not alone this time, I brought my friends (SFC household) with me. We traveled for five hours (plus the long and unexpected 3 hours in the border) to Oman, taking a time-out from the routine of work in UAE, utilizing the short holidays.

Albeit I used to live in Oman for several years - not consecutively - I haven't really gone to see most of the scenic spots it boasts. Though not so much of a wise choice to decide to do it in that time and climate, I'd still choose to go out and make the most out of the free days. Moreover, the joy acquired from exploring more attraction in a country that I seemed so familiar, was worth it. And it's with people most dear to me. 

Now, let's begin the short trip:



Shinas Gate. Oman's way of welcoming us. Though it's not really a tourist spot, it was a photo op nonetheless and an excuse to stretch out during the long ride. This structure is located near the Al Wajaja border of Oman and UAE.

Wadi Dayqah Dam. The water may look so blue and tempting but swimming isn't allowed. There is however, a good open space nearby for those who want to have a picnic.




Just one of the views we saw while driving on an unpaved road leading to we don't know exactly where too. Adventure, it was. Picturesque, this is.


Somewhere outside Bahla Fort. Under the ruthless sun in the Arabian sky, most selfies and videos were made in quick paces before we would have to run back to the car. High temperature tendencies!


En route to the next photo.


Wadi Al Arbaeen. Wadis or riverbed, are one of this country's natural wonders. This is such a remote site and is not quite easy to reach but surely deserves a visit. I'd love to be back here again and go for a swim. The water is too inviting!



Ad Dakhiliyah (Area). Stopped for the random but beautiful mountain in the background (not so clear in photo)


If fearless Anna is Olaf's "worth melting for", I can say that these places are our "worth sweating for." That being said, I suppose travel isn't always comfortable but it gives out happiness such as being able to experience everyday things differently.

Hope you enjoyed this post! Here’s a video you may watch for more of our trip!



I’ve too many sets of images long sitting in my photo stream waiting to be uploaded here, as usual. But I'm now trying to attend to them. Watch this space!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.